Pages

City Livin'



We're semi-done with our 6th move since we got married.  Yes, one two three four five SIX.  Needless to say, I'll be just fine with staying put for a few years.  I am so glad we are in the apartment.  I like the sound of that so much I'm going to say it again.  I am SO GLAD we are IN the apartment.  Apartment.  Not "hotel".  Not "friends house".  Apartment.  It's like music to my ears. 

I love the sights and sounds of the city and being able to run down to the market.  It's great to be able to walk to our friends' houses or walk to the park.  There is an H&M and a Sephora about a stones throw away from our front door.  However, John Ralph has already made it very clear that "there is no reason I should be going in those stores every week".  Such a party pooper. 

I have built lots of furniture over the last two days, including a bookshelf, chair, two coffee tables (not both for us), two bed side tables, a bathroom caddy, and a bed frame.  By "built" I really mean "assembled Ikea furniture".  They dropped off our temporary kitchen table and chairs today, but the temporary couch and living room chairs wouldn't fit up the stairs.  Looks like we're going to be sitting on milk crates for a while.  They also delivered our dryer and a box spring and mattress.  We're still waiting for our household goods delivery to come in, and now they're pushing that date back even more.  Mid-October is the new estimate.  I'm going to take a second to breathe deep....ok. 

I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to make a video tour of the apartment so that all of you can see our new space.  I'm trying to do it on the iPad, so any suggestions are encouraged and appreciated.  I thought that would be a fun way to do things.  By the end of the week I'm hoping to have a few rooms set up so that I can at least snap a few pictures to share.  I guess in order to do that I should probably go unpack my six outfits and put away some suitcases and boxes.  Ciao for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment