Pages

We have a couch...


...Oh, buddy, do we have a couch.  I spent the better part of 6 hours today following an Indian man around the city looking for his truck, then trying to get the couch into the apartment, and finally having to assemble the thing. 

You see, we had a little misunderstanding.  The couch wasn't supposed to be delivered today because I wasn't able to get a permit allowing the delivery truck to drive to our house.  As I was on my way to my physical this morning I got a surprise call from the delivery guy telling me he was in town and needed the permit.  He didn't understand that I didn't have a permit, and I didn't understand...well, almost everything that he was saying. 

Fast forward a few hours.  After many phone conversations where I still had no clue what he was saying, the guy ends up walking to my house.  I then end up following him on a whild goose chase around the city looking for the truck.  When we finally found his truck and the other delivery guy, I spent another 30 minutes trying to figure out what they were saying.  Turns out, all they had wanted to do was show me how far away the truck was, and tell me that they couldn't bring my couch to my apartment. 

But where they were wrong is that we weren't actually far from the apartment at all.  Maybe 3 blocks.  We had just spent the last hour going around our elbow to get to our butt, so it seemed like we were very far away. 

I then, very firmly explained to them that we were actually quite close, and that they weren't leaving without bringing me my couch.  Then they proceed to tell me that they would do it only if I gave them a 40 euro tip.  After arguing for another 15 minutes I finally gave in because I wanted the whole situation, including both of them, to just go away. 

So while this couch was supposed to be a nice, soft spot to rest my behind, it has ended up being a rather large pain in my butt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment