Pages

Things I'll Miss…But On Second Thought, Maybe Not


The Accordion Man, The Saxophone Guy, and The World's Worst Violinist.  They are Italy.  When we moved here, it was amazing and romantic and wonderful to see them playing (well, maybe not the violinist).  It was everything I thought an Italian street corner should be.

That is, until I moved to that street corner.

Don't get me wrong, a little part of me still loves the guys.  But a bigger part of me wants to hand them some new sheet music and tell them not to come back until they get something new in their repertoire.

The Saxophone Guy is playing out there right now, and what made me think to document this in a blog post was the fact that I had his entire performance memorized.  I was humming along and I knew what songs were coming next.  I knew exactly where in each song he would exhaust his saxophone playing knowledge and cut to the next track.

And I'm sure you're all like "Whatever, Jessica, at least you have someone playing the saxophone outside your house."  And I get that.  Maybe one day I'll long to have The Saxophone Guy playing outside of my house again.  But here's the catch: He only knows about two thirds of about four songs.  And he stands out there for hours.  Hours.  Hooouuurrrsss.  Playing the same two thirds of the same four songs over and over and over and over.

It makes you go a little insane.

So while I love the idea of them, I'm not so sure I'm going to miss them interrupting my every thought when I have my windows open.  It's the epitome of a love/hate relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment