Pages

Carnevale Treats


On Saturday, our Italian neighbor came to inform us that his mother (also our neighbor) would be making us some Carnevale treats and bringing them over the next day.  We got just a little excited.  I figured it would be frittelle since that's a typical treat of this region, but honestly, I probably would have been excited about anything.  

I've written before about my "hopes and dreams" when we were about to move here.  I had this idea that we would live in some Tuscan villa (I had no clue where Vicenza actually was) and a little Italian grandmother would teach me everything she knew about cooking and being awesome.  So when this Nonna announced she would be making me treats, it was like my dream was almost coming true.  

Maybe if I continue waving every time I leave my house, she'll eventually invite me over.  I've got 5 more months to make this happen.  


You can read some Wikipedia info about frittelle {here}.  Basically it's like a donut hole meets a funnel cake and then you just multiply the deliciousness by infinity.  



I made the Hubs hold the plate near the window so I could get a good picture, and Darby decided to hop into the window box just in case we wanted to give her a little nibble.  We did not share.  Sorry pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment