Pages

A Pretty Table


When I was younger, one of my favorite meals was sandwiches.  Not for the obvious reason that sammies are delicious, but more so because I thought the table was so lovely when prepared for a sandwich meal.  When I expressed my admiration for lunch meats and tomato slices to my family, we coined the term "Pretty Table" for that specific meal.  It made white bread and Budding turkey slices way more glamorous.

The two of us had plans to go to Venice this afternoon so that I could take some pictures of the Carnevale festivities.  However, we are extremely cheap and when we discovered the 4 euro train didn't run at a time that fit our time table we decided to scrap the plan all together.  (Hang in there, this story will come full circle eventually.)


As we were walking from the train station back to the apartment we decided to pop in the grocery store.    Considering it was lunch time and we were hungry, we left with quite the haul of cheese, bread, meat, and tomatoes.  When we got to the apartment, I just tossed the goods on the table, but as I was sitting down to eat I noticed a familiar sight.  A Pretty Table.


While we ate, the windows were open and the breeze was blowing through the house.  We both commented on how it reminded us of springtime back home.  I'm going to miss the heck out of this place, but today made me realize that some things never change.  Just as I see little pieces of back home in our life in Italy, I know I'll see little pieces of our life in Italy when we move to our next location.

And who knows, maybe I'll even be able to write a nostalgic post about parmigiano or pizza.  I never imagined I would be sitting here blogging about lunch meat, so I guess anything is possible.  ;)  Ciao for now my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment