Pages

Sweet Tooth


On Saturday night, at about 10:00, John Ralph and I decided we HAD to have something sweet.  And, of course, we didn't want anything that we already had in the house, so I set out to make homemade cinnamon rolls.  I found a delicious looking recipe and really wanted to make it, but we didn't have one key ingredient...baking powder.  After asking the other people in our apartment if they had any, (why don't single dudes have baking powder?) I decided to use my trusty Bisquick baking mix and see what I could come up with. 


First, I made a dough with the Bisquick baking mix, milk, and sugar.  I rolled this out into a rectangular-ish shape.  I softened some butter and mixed in a healthy dose of sugar and cinnamon.  Then I took this mixture and smeared it all over my rectangle shaped dough.  After that, all I had to do was roll the dough up, cut it into slices, and put them in a pan. 
 

I was a little nervous about the icing.  That stuff that comes out of the can of cinnamon rolls is sooo goood.  I took about a cup and a half of confectioners sugar, mixed it with two tablespoons of milk and a little dash of vanilla extract.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous, because when I tasted it, I didn't love it.


But don't worry...it tasted DELICIOUS on the cinnamon rolls. 


This is how much we left on our plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment