Pages

Biking fashion


Everyone in Italy rides bikes.  Ok, maybe not everyone,  but a lot of people.  Yesterday we rented bikes from a shop on post and it's turning out to be one of the best decisions we've made.  It makes getting around a lot easier, especially in the heat. 

Speaking of the heat, I think we brought South Carolina humidity with us.  It has been around 95 since we got here, but it feels even hotter!  John Ralph was talking the other day about how it seems like Italian women aren't afraid to sweat.  We'll see them biking around in their nice work clothes at 12 noon like it's no big deal.  But I have come to the conclusion that they just don't sweat.  At all.  I have yet to see one so much as glisten. 

So, I've been struggling with what to wear in this weather.  It seems like no one around here wears shorts and t-shirts (in other words, PERFECT BIKING ATTIRE).  If Italian women can bike in their sundresses, I should be able to also, right?  Except I have to wring mine out when I reach my destination.  The last thing I want to do in this heat is wear anything clingy.  Not to mention, I'm rotating through the same 6 outfits in my suitcase so it's getting starting to get a little tricky to figure out an appropriate wardrobe. 

However, yesterday I noticed a lot of mesh and see-through shirts.  I'm starting to think that maybe this is the ticket...  I wonder how well that would go over at tomorrow's coffee group.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you have me laughing out loud! Good luck figuring it out :)

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete