Pages

Tis The Season


It's no secret that the blog has taken a backseat lately.  I remember going through a similar phase a year or two ago, when life was just "normal" (praise the Lord) and not too much was going on.  I still plan on blogging when exciting and fun things happen (and we all need some Darby shenanigans from time to time) but right now the balance seems right and I'm enjoying the simplicity.  

With all that being said, this is what we've been up to over the last few weeks:


Ralph has finished his first semester of classes and is studying for his first round of exams.  Darby is the ever faithful study partner.  


Chelsea & Friends came to Nashville for a bachelorette party.  I was glad to see some of my lady friends and we had a blast!


I cooked my first Thanksgiving (I've done parts before, but never the entire menu).  My parents and sister came up to Nashville and we enjoyed turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, roasted veggies, and fresh cranberry relish.  Oh!  And pumpkin pie!  All dairy free and delicious.  


After Thanksgiving, I opted out of black Friday shopping and decided to just go get a tree instead.  I wish I could say that was Ralph wearing overalls, tying the tree to the top of the car, but it's not.  


I got all of our christmas decorations up.  Our star isn't as obnoxious and it looks in the picture…it's really a pretty copper mercury glass.  


My favorite part of our tree decorations is my fox family.  I picked up the felted animals at a local shop and I love them.  

It's crazy to think about how fast this year has flown by.  I can't believe we're so close to Christmas and a new year.  I've started getting super emotional during the holidays, and this year seems to be no different.  Must be my old age, ha.  I think it's such a beautiful time to stop and reflect, and I'm constantly reminded of how incredibly lucky I am.  Add in some twinkling lights, Christmas music, and cue the waterworks.  

I'm sure I'll check in a few more times before Christmas, but for now I'm going to go back lounging in cozy sweatpants, eating way too much holiday food, and watching Elf on repeat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment