Pages

Ceramic Bowls and Fish Whistles


This morning, Allison and I headed to Nove to see what the ceramics festival had to offer us.  I was so glad we made the quick trip!  The weather was perfect, there wasn't a crowd, and we got some cool prizes. 


Our first stop was getting a delicious bowl of risotto.  For only 10 euro we got to pick out a handmade and hand painted ceramic bowl, have them fill it with amazing risotto, and enjoy a glass of vino to top it all off.  Best 10 euro I've ever spent. 


After enjoying our risotto treat we walked around the town, looking through some of the vendors and shops.  There were lots of beautiful things to buy, but I just couldn't quite decide on any one item.  I guess that means I'll just have to go back and get them all. 


It was a little overcast, but it made it so pleasant and nice out.  The drive to the town is really pretty and you can see the hills and mountains off in the distance.  It reminded me of taking a Sunday drive around Little Mountain. 


Right before we left, we passed one vendor who had these cool little fish ornaments.  And as if the beauty of them wasn't enough for me to be sold, the lady then proceeds to show us that it's a whistle too!  Cool and fun?!  I'll take two!  Not really...I only got one.  But I'm so happy that I did.  Apparently there are a few stories surrounding Nove ceramic whistles.  The whistles are supposed to be magical and bring luck.  When you are feeling down, you just blow your sighs into the whistle and it will bring feelings of love.  Isn't that special? 

Another story is that you should keep a whistle on your bedside table because the beautiful sounds have strong aphrodisiac powers.  Just sayin. 

Anyway, the ceramic festival was a ton of fun.  I can't wait to see what other festivals this nice weather brings!  Ciao for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment