Pages

Laboring On Labor Day


We decided to do a little laboring on our Labor Day, and with a few projects in mind we headed to Lowes to gather up supplies.  

Number one on my list was mosquito killer.  Our yard must be a mosquito farm because I can't be outside for more than a second without getting eaten up.  With all the rain we've been getting I finally decided it was long past time to call in the big guns.  Tomorrow, I'm going to try out a spray that you connect to the end of your hose and spray your yard with.  Has anyone had success with this type of product?  If it doesn't work, I'm not sure what will.  

Number two on my list was a little flower love for the front steps.  Naturally, I forgot to count how many stairs we have before going to the store so I decided to buy 5 chrysanthemums and go from there.  


Our entry way was needing some serious TLC (and could still just a few more doses).  


I started by sweeping the leaves and mess away and digging out the weeds.  


After it was cleaned up I potted up the flowers.  I like the purple color of my mums against the colors of the house and can't wait for them to bloom and fill out some more!  Plus, I feel like putting out mums is like politely asking Mother Nature to bring on the fall weather.  


I'm still trying to decide if I should get three more plants to match what I have going on now, OR, should I just get two more plants, and put two flowers on the bottom, middle, and top steps.  It's not that big of a difference between the options, but I don't know if adding three more to match what I have would crowd the steps.  Thoughts?  


We also have a bigger project going on in the back yard.  I'm going to post more about this later on, but it involves some post holes being dug by both Ralph and Darby.  


It's a work in progress, and one that Darby takes very seriously.  


See?  That's her serious face.  

Slowly but surely our little house is coming along.  Anyone else get up to some Labor Day projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment