Pages

Ski Cortina- First Ski of the Season


We headed up to Cortina d'Ampezzo this weekend to enjoy a little ski weekend.  Well, rather, the boys enjoyed a ski weekend and Heidi and I enjoyed the warmth and coziness of the inside of the hotel.  She's 8 months pregnant, so skiing isn't exactly the best sport for her, and seeing as how I had a bit of anxiety attack on the side of a mountain last time I skied, I figured it wasn't a bad idea for me to keep her company.  

They got a ton of snow up there right before we arrived; the roads were closed and the power was out up until when we checked in.  The snow capped mountains in Cortina are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen, and although I didn't enjoy the slopes, I was very lucky to be surrounded by such a beautiful creation.  

Cortina d'Ampezzo Sunrise

Playing paparazzi with my new zoom lens.  

The boys about to hit the slopes from the hotel.

Annd, they're off!

I have a few videos of the mountains and ski slopes that they took while they were out, so I'll work on uploading them and sharing them on here.  


Side note...Darby is obsessed with the Christmas tree (that we have yet to recycle).  We had plans on taking it back for them to plant again, but it's deader than dead, and she has taken it upon herself to chew off all the bottom branches. 


I find little piles of branches, like this, all around the apartment.  She's such a grinch.  

And on another side note, we are nailing down all of our plans for block leave (more skiing and some day trips) so the month of January should be filled with some fun things for us!  Stay tuned!  

1 comment: