Pages

We ♥ Weiden


Without a properly functioning GPS, and under the looming threat of "heavy traffic flow," Heidi and I packed up and made our way to Weiden, Germany on Friday morning.  The car was loaded down with luggage, snacks, a puppy, and plenty of drinking water.  We were ready to take back our 4-Day weekend.

You see, when the military decided to send our husbands on a exercise with a couple of 4-day weekends slapped right in the middle, these two wives didn't sit around and sulk.  Instead, we took matters into our own hands and started planning a fun trip.  There's no sense in everyone being alone and bored.  It's nothing that an almost 9 hour road trip can't fix.

After picking up our "stranded" husbands, we ventured into my new favorite town for some great German food and a tall helles beer (or in their case, a dunkle).  A relaxing night was followed by a morning stroll through the market for some picnic supplies.

After spending only 5 minutes in the market, I knew I had found the place for me.  Smiling faces and orderly lines were a pleasant change from the hustle and bustle of market day in Italy.  The beautifully painted buildings gave a cheery welcome that made me never want to leave.  If I could move there tomorrow, (with my vacation home still in Paris, of course) I would in a heartbeat.  Germany, I can't wait to come back.

Root veggies just begging to be roasted.  

Beautiful blooms.

I wanted to buy all of the buckets.

Stopped for our second coffee just as the sun peeked over the buildings.

Transportation

A lovely building.

I love to see a patient, orderly line.  

No comments:

Post a Comment